Skype OSB Preparation Course
The Skype OSB Preparation Course is 3.5 hours in length featuring a 3 hour Skype course plus a 30 minute follow up Skype call.
I don’t usually write testimonials, however I believe ADFMentors deserves mine. Nick my mentor, does exactly what he claims. If you are serious about preparing yourself in the best light to face OSB, doing a one on one course with ADFMentors will do just that. After training with Nick, my interview answering was crisp, confident and genuine. By replicating some of the uncomfortable situations expected at OSB, Nick provided a guided and safe way to build my confidence. Going in with the right attitude and willingness to learn will help a lot. When I finished the course, I felt I could take on OSB the very next day, but of course I didn’t have to, my preparation course had been scheduled to allow me more time to prepare. I didn’t want to scrape through OSB, I wanted to leave no doubts. After applying what I learned in the group activities and the OSB interview I received a high recommendation and moving on from this a letter of offer from the RAAF for a Pilot position. I am now on the road to become a Fast Jet Pilot, I highly recommend this course to anyone that wants to achieve similar success in the ADF.
RAAF - Fast Jet Pilot
OSB Skype Training
What You Get
During the course you will receive the following:
A questionnaire before the course covering:
- An introduction to you, your background and your aspirations
- Checking your current level of preparation so I can give you areas to focus on before the Skype training
- Identifying your weak areas so we can tailor the Skype training to best suit you
E-book for Officers or Pilots – Valued at $49
A free copy of The Book – For Officers or The Book – For Pilots (depending on what what you’re applying for) which covers:
- Personal Characteristics
- Officer Training, Defence History and other Knowledge Questions
- Maths and cognition
- Group activités
- Practice questions and written examples
- Learning activities
Mock OSB Interviews
Mock OSB interviews covering:
- The best techniques for answering questions
- Adapt your life experiences and answers to fit these techniques
- How to improve your body language
- Eliminate answers you are giving that send up red flags
- Multiple demonstrations of how your answers should be given
- Coaching on knowledge, technical and personal questions
You will complete four 30 minutes essays which include:
- A variety of topics that are commonly encountered on the day
- How to demonstrate what the OSB panel is looking for!
- Feedback for all of the essay and advice for how to improve
Training for the variety of group discussions you will complete including:
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to demonstrate leadership skills during these experiences
- The common discussion topics that are encountered
- What to focus on to demonstrate the the desirable qualities of an Officer
Training for the variety of outdoor activities you will complete including:
- How to demonstrate the desired leadership skills
- The common activities that are encountered
- Typical mistakes and how to avoid them
- Practical advice for you to stand out in a positive way
Oral presentation training covering:
- Impromptu oral presentations that will be completed during your OSB
- Demonstrations on what a great oral presentation looks like
- Exposure to a variety of topics that are commonly targeted.
- How to stand out against all of the candidates
- Strategies to demonstrate the command characteristics being assessed
Extensive debrief notes and homework covering:
- How to demonstrate your personnel characteristics aligned more closely with the qualities assessed by the interviewers.
- Areas of follow up surrounding the knowledge questions you answer incorrectly.
- A strategy to improve your results for the follow up Skype call.
- Additional oral presentation topics to practice.
- Additional Essays and follow up readings to complete
Before attending my Assessment Day, I downloaded the ADF Mentors ‘The Book –For Pilots’. I found it was the most comprehensive book available – specific to becoming a military aviator. I eventually booked an Officer Selection Board Preparation course as I wanted to provide myself with the best chance of receiving a high recommendation. The experience and training provided by Ray and the ADFMentors team was exceptional and gave me a huge advantage over the other candidates. Thanks to their guidance over the course, I received a High Recommendation from the Officer Selection Board and a Letter of Offer. If anyone is interesting in pursuing a career as a military aviator in the Australian Defence Force, I strongly recommend taking ‘The Book’ and these courses to give yourself the best chance possible of achieving your dream.
RAAF- Fast Jet Pilot
Peace of Mind
Review of Personal CV or Resume
We will review your personal CV or resume and make recommendations.
Training provided by professional Instructors qualified with a Cert IV in Training and Assessment
Money Back Guarantee
A 100% money back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the training we provide, simply tell us before the end of the training course and we will provide you with a full refund. We are so confident in our training that we want to create a risk free environment for you to learn in. Not satisfied, don’t pay. It’s that simple!
The OSB interviews will likely be the hardest and most competitive interviews you will experience in your life.
It is a process where the most prepared applicants shine and the less prepared applicants get screened out. Just like any interview your chance of getting a high recommended increases through preparation. The Skype OSB preparation course is ideal for those candidates who can’t travel to our Face to Face OSB Preparation Course.
The Skype OSB Preparation Course is focused on preparing you for the OSB process by giving you a chance to experience the activities before the actual day. This gives us the opportunity to identify your weak spots, provide experienced feedback and direction, refine your answers, remove potential ‘deal breakers’ and dramatically improve your chance of success. The training course is run with a one instructor to one student ratio over Skype to provide you with the best possible feedback and attention during the training.
Our E-book for Officers (or Pilots) provides you with an introduction to the questions you will be asked during the interviews (as well as a consolidated resource of all of the knowledge you need to learn). This training course is where you learn HOW to apply the techniques in practice, how to do it under pressure and gives us a chance to instruct you on how to improve your answers that are not demonstrating the desired qualities.
Skype OSB Preparation Course